Translate

Friday 12 April 2013

Fan Made Power Rangers Trailer

This trailer caught my eye today and I have to say, as a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fan, I had a fan boy moment. With so many incarnations of the Power Rangers (a new one every year now I think), the nostalgia feeling that comes with them has been a bit diluted. In my opinion (warning, spoilers in the next sentence), Power Rangers should have ended after Power Rangers In Space ended, when Zordon died and all evil was destroyed. That was when the story of the original rangers ended.

This fan made trailer shows a more darker, modern day look at the Power Rangers. The description calls it Power Rangers-Reimagined. Check out the trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPx94ErNgg&feature=player_embedded

This trailer was created by Codebreaker Productions, Rollin Studios, Midnight Treehouse and LRP. It was directed by Dominick Sivilli.

I really like the look of this trailer, I don't even mind the title abbreviation MMPR. The trailer shows a darker Power Rangers, moving it away from the children's TV show. My only complaint is that we don't see any actual Power Rangers in it, but that's understandable, it is a fan made trailer, and Power Ranger uniforms are expensive. The highlight for me was seeing Lord Zedd at the end, in the series he very rarely got his hands dirty, this looks like he has been defeated, broken, and after revenge.

It's a shame it's only a fan made trailer, I wouldn't mind actually seeing the film. Hopefully we'll be seeing some more of this groups stuff in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment