Translate

Thursday 11 April 2013

The Hangover Part 3 Trailer

Doing one post a week (my DarthSpockReviews show) just isn't enough for me. I miss doing loads of posts in a week. So I have decided to start posting new trailers. Each post will have a link to the trailer in question, with some information about the film and what my opinion on what it will be like.

To start off, I am going to review the trailer for The Hangover Part III (trailer below):


The Hangover Part III is the third and final film in The Hangover franchise. It stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis and Justin Bartha, with Todd Philips directing. The trailer also shows the return of Ken Jeong and a addition to The Hangover world, John Goodman.

This trailer gives us the first indication of the plot of the movie, it shows a few main points, like that no one gets married and that the wolfpack gets attacked by John Goodman's character because Chow (Jeong) ripped him off whilst he was in prison. I enjoyed The Hangover Part 2, but a lot of people were disappointed by it because it had basically the same storyline as the first movie, just in a different city, which is understandable. I don't tend to like franchises that just re-use the same storyline, but it was funny, so I forgave it. At least this trailer shows that for the third and final movie they are clearly taking the franchise in a new direction (even if it is set in Las Vegas like the first movie), with the characters having a lot more at stake and some new opportunities for things to go wrong.

Personally, I think this movie is going to be great, I really like the first two films, I love the original cast and the addition of a high-class actor like John Goodman just adds to the reasons why this movie will be brilliant. The great thing about this trailer is that even though there are some really funny moments in it, I have a feeling they haven't picked out the best parts like a lot of comedy trailers do. This trailer purely states that it is a new direction, for a big finale and it's also funny (what more do we need for the third act?).

What also gives me confidence in the new movie is the thought that they put into the advertising. An example below is one of the posters they released:
The picture above shows The Hangover Part III poster alongside the final Harry Potter poster, it is a very smart parody which to be honest, I didn't realise the first time I saw the poster. It represents how big they grand the makers believe this movie will be. Both posters have the phrase "IT ALL ENDS". So we all know that it is the final film, so expect a good ending.

The Hangover Part III is scheduled for release on May 24th, 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment