Translate

Saturday 13 April 2013

New Star Trek Into Darkness Poster

This week a new poster for J.J.Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness came online. Take a look below:


To be honest, although this poster looks awesome, I think it reveals too much. I understand that this is probably going to be one of the best scenes in the film, but it screams 'last 15-minutes of the film' moment. I have the same opinion about the trailer, which also shows the Enterprise falling (see trailer below). J.J.Abrams is really good at keeping information about his films secret until the last minute, it's strange for him to include a potentially spoiler in the trailer and poster. Unless something bigger than the Enterprise falling from space happens and we just don't know it yet.


Cannot wait for this film, I wasn't excited for it until I saw the five minute clip that was released before IMAX showings of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This is because I'd heard that it was using post-converted 3D and there were lots of rumours that it was just a re-imagining of Wrath of Khan. After seeing that clip (and its incredible 3D!) and the international trailer released after that, I have been thoroughly convinced that this film is going to surpass its 2009 predecessor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment