Translate

Monday 29 April 2013

My First Short Film: The Hat-Trick (5 Minutes)

Last week, as part of my 3D Visual Effects degree course, I handed in my first short film. I created it as part of a group of six. We came up with the idea, the script, organised the shoot, then filmed it. Once we had all the footage, we all went our separate ways, each editing it in our own way. So my edit is one out of six, we were surprised at how different each edit turned out. The film was made under the production name The Toolbox Productions, all of the members of Toolbox worked on this short film.

The Hat-Trick is the story of Jack, a failing magician who is on his last chance. Either he does well in this audition, or his career is over. Everything changes when he meets The Cleaner, his life will never be the same.


The Hat-Trick stars Jack Smyth as Jack, Nowell Tuitt as The Cleaner, Nick Fletcher as The Agent and myself, David Gillie as The Producer.

Let me know what you think, this is my first attempt and I'm fairly proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment