Translate

Friday 31 August 2012

Some News Type Thing (01/09/12) The Third Hobbit Movie Has A Name! and The Rocketeer Gets A Reboot

Sorry about this post being late, had a few things going on recently, but here its is, this weeks edition of Some News Type Thing.

The Hobbit 3
You may remember a while back that I posted about 'The Hobbit' related domain names that were being bought up around the time that the third movie was announced. In case you don't, they seemed to revolve around two names, 'Riddles In The Dark' and 'The Desolation Of Smaug'. I guessed that the second one would be the most likely, and it looks like I was right, kind of.

As it stood, we had 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' set for December 26th 2012 and 'The Hobbit: There And Back Again set for December 2013. Well as it stands now, the first Hobbit hasn't changed, but the second one has now been renamed 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug'  and the third movie, which is set to be released July 18th 2014, so not long after the second movie, will be named 'The Hobbit: There And Back Again', which is due to start production next year.

The Rocketeer Gets A Reboot
The 1991 film 'The Rocketeer' celebrated its 20th anniversary last year and apparently Disney is interested in rebooting the film. For years people have tried to gets sequels to this film made but with no result, it looks like Disney think they can handle the film better.

Personally i haven't seen 'The Rocketeer', I have heard that it is extremely cheesy, but is a fun time to watch, so I will probably get round to watching it sometime in the next few weeks.

That's all for this week, I will try and get next weeks edition out on time. Until then look forward to my Weekly Blu Ray Review where I will be reviewing blu ray of 'Starship Troopers: Invasion' and maybe 'Pulp Fiction' which arrived today. I'm not sure if I will be able get the film and the special features watched by Sunday because I've heard they're quit extensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment