Translate

Monday 11 June 2012

Review of E.T.A. (Short Film)

'E.T.A.' is a 2008 animated short film by Henrik B. Clausen. The synopsis of the film is this: deep and cold space, a lonesome pilot of a cargo ship waits impatiently for the return of his vessel on Earth. Exhausted, suffering from loneliness and missing occupation, his only travelling companions are an onboard computer, television, pizza and coffee, but is he really lonely?


I really enjoyed this one, the story is good, the animation is amazing (it's feature film quality) and the score sets the mood perfectly. The main character doesn't speak at all throughout the film, why would he? Who would he talk to? I don't want to spoil it so I'm just going to say this, there are some great little references (one big reference) to a particular very popular science fiction film franchise. Honestly the last ten seconds me me laugh, I just wasn't expecting it! It is probably quite accurate on what a person might do in order to relive their boredom.

The link for 'E.T.A.' is below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKGio-uFBY&feature=related

Seriously give this one a watch! I'm going to give 'E.T.A.' a 9/10, just wish it was a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment