Translate

Thursday 7 June 2012

Review of Love Sick (Award Winning Short Film)

'Love Sick' is a 2011 award winning short film written and directed by Kevin Lacey and stars Josh Cameron, Tatum Langton, Heath Maughn, Kirstina Reese, Tristan Philips. The story revolves around the un-named love struck character placed by Lacey (the only words we hear are his narrative).

I quite liked this one, I can see why it won awards, although I don't think it is as good as some of the more science fiction based short films I've watch and reviewed, but I can say that there are a few moments in this that are quite funny and the quality of the film itself it really high. The music is also really good, one of the best scores I've heard in a short film (the music was composed and performed by Randin Graves).

It is shocking how many awards this film won, here's a list below:

WINNER - Fringe Film Festival 2011 - Grand Jury Prize
WINNER - Fear No Film 2011 - Utah Short Film of the Year
WINNER - CityWeekly Artys 2011 - Reader's Choice Award
WINNER - Salt Lake Comedy Festival 2012 - Best Actor - Josh Cameron
OFFICIAL SELECTION - Action on Film Festival 2011
OFFICIAL SELECTION - HollyShorts Film Festival 2011
OFFICIAL SELECTION - Who Likes Short Shorts Festival Spring 2011

That is a lot of awards, the name of the last one amuses me. Here's a link for 'Love Sick' below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDAvcwDPTA

So obviously officials believed it to be a good watch, I quite liked it, wasn't the best, but by no means is it the worst I've seen. I'm going to give 'Love Sick' a 7/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment