Translate

Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekly Blu Ray Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Spider-Man

The week is that of the 18/6/12, and these are the blu rays I've watched this week. Don't worry, I have a large selection ready for next week, including 'Predators' and the steel book edition of 'An American Werewolf In London'.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)
The second last film in the Harry Potter film series, although I found the film rather underwhelming, it's still enjoyable. As for blu ray quality, it is really good, it came as part of the complete 8 film collection, and the picture is great, nigh on flawless, the same with the sound, it even has a good amount of special features, but it doesn't go into as much detail as I would like about the special effects.. I can't really find a fault with the quality of this blu ray apart from a small lack in features. So I'm going to give 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1' a 9/10, it's definitely worth the money, in fact the whole boxset only cost me £30 and that's not bad considering it came out a week after the final film did, and it's all 8 films!

Spider-Man (2002)
For a film that was made ten years ago, it still looks really good today, and on blu ray, the case is the same, with the exception of a few outdated effects, everything looks and sounds good. The main fault with this blu ray, is that it comes with no special features at all, granted it is part of a three film boxset (the 'Spider-Man' trilogy) but that's no excuse for having no special features. So it saddens me that even though the film is really high quality, due to the extreme lack of special features, I am going to have to give 'Spider-Man' a 6/10 (I know, it's harsh).



No comments:

Post a Comment