Translate

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Man Of Steel (2013) Official Teaser Trailer

I know I just said this was Batman week  ut, I have been waiting to see something from this film for months! I was gutted when i found out that it was being pushed back from December 2012 to summer 2013, it means I have to wait even longer! I really want a Superman film that revives the franchise after the appalling 'Superman Returns'. This trailer actually came out on Friday 20th, it was played before 'The Dark Knight Rises' in Imax theaters in America.

Without further adue, here is the first glimpse of 'Man Of Steel':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

Possibly the most teasing teaser trailer ever made!

It doesn't show us much at all, but we can get an idea of the tone of the film. So what do we know so far? Well we know that it is directed by Zack Snyder, who directed '300', 'Watchmen' and 'Dawn of the Dead' (also 'SuckerPunch' but we can ignore that one). It is being produced by Christopher Nolan ('Batman Begins', 'The Dark Knight', The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Inception'). It was also written by Nolan and David S. Goyer who both co-wrote Nolan's Batman trilogy. It stars Henry Cavill ('The Tudors' TV series) as Clark Kent/Superman), Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Kevin Costner as Kevin Kent and Russel Crowe as Jor-El. That's just the start of the amazing cast for this film. Just looking at what I've just wrote do you need any other reason to go see this movie? Oh and also Hans Zimmer is doing the score for the film, in case you haven't heard of any him before, he did the score for 'Back to the Future'.

I also know that this Superman film will not be part of the 'Justice League' universe, hence why Superman is not going to be in the 'Justice League' movie (big mistake DC). I think the trailer looks good, it shows that they've moved away from the glossy airbrushed look of 'Superman Returns' and from what we can see, this is going to e a gritty origins story (cough 'Batman Begins' cough 'The Amazing Spider-Man') with a deep story into Clark Kent's journey to becoming Superman. Notice how this is the first Superman film not to have Superman in the title (just like how 'The Dark Knight' was the first Batman film without Batman in the title).

Well I am dead excited for this movie, even though I think Superman is one of the worst superheroes ever created, I mean he can only be killed by Kryptonite, a radioactive piece of his home planet which was light years away, but somehow it is all over our planet, so he's screwed most of the time because every villain manages to get their hands on it. However I am a fan of the films, especially the first two, so I hope 'Man Of Steel' re-vitalises the franchise. I'm hoping for a trilogy.

Let me know what you think of the trailer and my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment