Translate

Sunday 22 July 2012

Weekly Blu Ray Review: The Dark Knight (2008)

It has been a slow week  (week starting 16/7/12) for me watching blu rays, I've been occupied with 'The Dark Knight Rises' and being on the phone for hours with student finance, but I did manage to find the time to sit down and indulge in the brilliant film that is 'The Dark Knight', surely by now if you keep up to date with my posts then you know how I feel about this film. So I won't bore you the same description I always give, I'll just jump straight in with the review of the blu ray quality.

The Dark Knight (2008)
I decided I'd mix things up a bit and use a different image for this film than I normally use. Obviously the film is pretty much perfect, and so is the blu ray quality. The image is sharp and the sound is incredible, there's only one scene where the image falters, and that is at the beginning when the screen is filled with the skyscrapers of Gotham. If you look at some of the windows they're a bit fuzzy, this is literally a tiny section of the film which is barely noticeable. As for special features, it has more than enough. I have the two disk edition, and the first disk we have the movie itself, an interactive feature called Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a scene where we see Christopher Nolan and the crew go through the process of planning and making scenes. It also has the IMAX experience which is 36 minutes in total, BD-Live and picture-in-picture commentary. On the second disk we have behind the story, which goes into Batman's tech and the psychology behind the character himself, it also includes several episodes of 'Gotham Tonight' which is the news show in the movie. They quite interesting, you see the events of 'The Dark Knight' from the point of view of ordinary people. Then finally we have the galleries (did you know they used 144 Joker card images!) and trailers and TV spots. So you get a lot for your money. I'd highly recommend it, it's a great film and they blu ray is of the highest quality, a necessity for any collection. I'm giving 'The Dark Knight' a 10/10.

Next week I will definitely be reviewing 'I'Robot'. That's all I can confirm at the moment, I will try and get a few more watched.

Remember to vote on what your favourite Batman film is in the poll to the right of this post. The polls closes on Saturday the 28th so get your votes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment