Translate

Monday 9 July 2012

Movie Recommendation Of The Week: Wayne's World (1992)

I was watching this on TV the other day and I'd forgotten how funny it actually is! 'Wayne's World' is a 1992 American comedy film by Penelope Spheeris and starring Mike Myers in his film debut as Wayne Campbell and Dana Carvey as Garth Algar, hosts of the Auroa, Illinois-based Public-access television cable TV show Wayne's World. The film was adapted from a sketch of the same name on NBC's Saturday Night Live.


What makes this film so good is the sheer randomness of it, it has a great story, which is filled with the most random sub-plots, which even includes a cameo from the T-1000 from 'Terminator 2'. The story is hilarious, the music is amazing! I kid you not, it's a proper rock music fan film, with a cameo from the one and only Alice Cooper! But what really makes this film so lovable is the cast, the characters of Wayne and Garth are just the coolest guys ever, you cannot help but laugh along with them. Those two are the only reason that 'Wayne's World 2' is enjoyable, because it's a pretty bad film, but we all love the cast, and that's why we watch it. There are a lot of cultural references throughout the film, making fun of life itself, and the corporations that run television, e.g. making fun of sell outs and product placement in shows and movies.

For me this is one of the funniest films ever made, it's a pile of laughs from beginning to end, you find yourself not caring that some of the scenes are damn right impossible by the laws of reality, and what they're doing is unbelievably stupid at times. I can't fault this film, it's good fun for all the family (just about) and is definitely one of Mike Myers' best roles. I can watch this film over and over again. In fact it was when I was watching it on TV that I realized, I have to recommend it to my audience!

I give 'Wayne's World' a 10/10, it's one of those films you have to see before you die, so watch it! Right now! I command you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment